Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From a Ragamuffin

So currently I am reading the Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. It really is an awesome book that is really reminding me about the amazing grace of God. I think that ever since the song came out we have kind of lost the real meaning of those words... Amazing Grace. Earlier today (which was a snow day!) I was watching this movie called Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed that had Richard Dawkins on it (who slightly reminds me of a snake). He was talking about how the God of the Old Testament was a closed minded, egotistical, etc. homophobe etc. and, you know what, if you just look at certain parts you could get that, but it is kinda like missing the forest for the trees. You are missing God for the just acts that had to happen in order for his ultimate will to be done. And there are times that God's grace is shown in the Old Testament, I mean look at Jonah God forgave the people of Nineveh after they changed their ways... not to mention the countless times God forgave the Israelite for messing things up! I did not make this blog to preach... the Lord knows I could not be a preacher, but the amazing grace of God is just that... amazing. Who are we to determine who receives this grace or not? "The world needs Christians who don't tolerate the complacency of their own lives!"


Zoey says "Woof!" which if you are fluent in BC you know means "Amen!"
Picture I took of a rose at Asbury College.

1 comment:

  1. Love the last quote! So true!! Reminds me so much of how God moved in hearts this weekend. Enjoyed being roomies! Have a wonderful week...will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete